Thursday, December 4, 2008

perspective

This had the potential to be a great blogging post. About how I reward Henry with stars to earn his choice from the Dollar Store for getting himself dressed. How I'm always in a hurry to get one infant, two toddlers and one preschooler out the door, into car seats, and on time for preschool. How I've come to expect comments everyday from the teachers and parents; given looks of sympathy as I push along the infant in the stroller and pull along the two toddlers in the wagon (yes, we are a human train, it's a spectacle and somewhere in the vicinity of our five person train is Henry). I could tell you about how the other moms winked at me and the teacher avoided looking me straight in the eye.

From a blogger's perspective, I wish that I could tell you that happened, what a great post that would have been. From a mother's perspective, I was lucky that this happened after preschool.

It only took me 4 hours before I realized that he had his jeans on backwards.


It only took me 1 hour after that to convince him to turn them around. I should probably give him an extra star for persistence and perhaps another one for his unique perspective on how to wear jeans.

22 comments:

Mandy said...

LOL!! I love it!

Miss Lisa said...

But mom, that's what all the cool kids are doing ;)

And best line ever btw--This had the potential to be a great blogging post. (you have no many times how often I say that!)

Anonymous said...

That is amazing. I'm sure it wasn't easy to get that all zipped and buttoned up. Nice work, Henry.

amanda said...

love your perspective!!

hilarious :)

Unknown said...

Lol! Too funny!!

4luvandlife said...

Kris Kros is going to make you jump...jump.

Aracely said...

Da Mac Dad will make you JUMP! JUMP!

That's wigitty wigitty wack yo! Henry is my hero.

Tyne said...

fantastic post. and great fashion sense for your little one. I feel your pain on this. Avery went the whole day at school with her shorts on backward, too.

RuensOnTheRun said...

too funny! My middle child wore his t-shirt inside-out through an entire day of Kindergarten! When I went to pick him up I almost died right there...I blame the baby! :)

Gretchen said...

Um, how in the world did he go to the bathroom that morning? Or did he just hold it??

Kristen said...

That is too funny!!

Hysterical even. I guess at least he was getting himself dressed.

Can you tell I am still somewhat helping Cade?? UGH!

Wisconsin Parent said...

Calvin wants to know what the big deal is about. At least the fly is up!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I remember a day when it was cool to wear your clothes backwards. He's just stylish!

Carol said...

Thomas got home from school on Friday and had his jeans on backward and I hadn't noticed. Luckily for me those particular ones had pockets front and back so it was overly obvious.

Well that is what I keep telling myself anyhow!!!

Rebecca said...

Your house is so funny. Your kids must make you laugh twelve times a day. I chuckle every time I read a post about your kids.

Eve Grey said...

My son is 6 and he still does that! And to make it worse, I notice and don't even bother saying anything. He doesn't care so why should i? (:

Vashey Fam said...

Oh this is classic!

Melissa said...

ha ha ha! Well, hey... at least you noticied it :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm impressed! Not only did he have pants on but he had them on in a way none of us would have managed to zip and button...

Laural Out Loud said...

This is so cute!! Gabi puts her shirts on backwards all the time and won't let me anywhere near her to turn them around!

Unknown said...

I am laughing so hard I'm crying!

Mikki Black said...

I have so totally had that happen with my kids, too! My son's excuse: It feels better this way when I lay down to color!

(Just stoppin by from SITS to say hi!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...