Tuesday, December 30, 2008

we are family

One thing that I do with my family during the holidays is laugh. We laugh until we are wiping our eyes dry and silently motioning each other to stop talking so we can take a breath from laughing so hard our guts are hurting. This is especially true with my younger sister and I. I love that we can laugh like this, being ourselves so easily; because we are family and even though we are family.

My brother got married the beginning of this year and it was his new wife's first year to be included in the gift exchange. My parents got my sister-in-law the Magic Bullet, not to be confused with the Silver Bullet (sorry ladies, I'm not linking and if you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, goggle it for yourself). My poor fairly-new sister-in-law had no idea what was coming, as soon as I laid eyes on the packaging, I just had to go with it.

An example of some of the verbiage of the packaging of the Magic Bullet:

The Magic Bullet "is an entirely new concept in labor-saving devices. ... the Magic Bullet is so handy, so versatile and easy to use that you'll put it to work EVERY single day (probably several times a day). Best of all, it saves you time because it does almost any job..."

Both of us went into hysterics, both of our husbands rolled their eyes and both of us dove on the floor with laughter when our mother announced "I don't get it".

13 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

You have one fun family :)

Mandy said...

That is hilarious! :)

kristine said...

I think I would be laughing right along with you! My Grandma asked for one for Christmas a couple of years ago and the way she did it made my brother and I laugh hysterically, too.
She said
"I want one of those magic bullet things. i mean, have you seen what they can do? i would be a happy grandma if i had one!"
Yeah... we went *there*

- I knew I liked you! - LOL

RuensOnTheRun said...

That is so something my sister and I would of laughed for hours about...

Corey~living and loving said...

tee hee...yeah...I can hardly make it though five seconds of the infomercial for that one. too funny.

have a great Day!

Stephanie said...

I have seeeeen this on the TV...and I WANTTTT ONE!

Rebecca said...

Ten seconds or less, huh? Is that a challenge or a promise?

Rebecca said...

OK. I do have to ask. Do you think the makers of this thing named it the Magic Bullet knowing about the Silver Bullet?

Aracely said...

I don't get it... ;)

Goodness I hope you didn't elaborate for your mommy... Awkward.

BloggessJ said...

WOW! Happy New Year!

Wisconsin Parent said...

Aaaa! It makes beer bread in a bottle so much more lame.

Anonymous said...

I've been remiss in the blog-reading! So happy to get to re-live the hilarity. And how about that flashlight that must be pumped to work. Ahahaa! Too funny!

Unknown said...

Your family sounds like mine. I love being around them when we can act like that. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...