Tuesday, January 6, 2009

worst case scenario

Scenario 1: Wyatt wakes earlier than usual, as I'm usually dressed. He plays on the bed, trying to wake up my husband. I pull off my tank top and he shrieks with glee "boobie". I proceed to put on my bra and pull on my shirt - Wyatt looks sad, "see boobie?". He turns to my husband "boobie?" - (he of course, has nothing for show), Wyatt just shakes his head 'no' in disgust.

Scenario 2: Henry wakes in the morning telling me he's had a good dream. He prays every night to not have bad dreams. He tells me he has a dream about girls. "What kind of girls I ask him?" He giggles, spins, throws himself on the couch and responds happily "dancing girls".

Scenario 3: I walk into our dark bedroom, not turning on the light, trying to feel for my pajamas in the dark. I was going to bed late, once again. My husband jokes: "you woke me up, again. Tomorrow, I'm going to look for a bed for the upstairs room (that's currently empty). I can have the bigger closet and the bigger bathroom that way".

But it's not the scenario where my baby loves my boobies, or the dancing girls of my son's dreams, or even that my husband wants to sleep in a separate bed that seems so wrong...the part of the scenario that is so completely ridiculous to me is that my dear husband thinks he can get away with claiming the bigger bathroom and the bigger closet without a fight from me. Yeah right.

17 comments:

Rebecca said...

Boobie.

kristine said...

After Rebecca, I have no response! LOL

Miss Lisa said...

Rebecca DID say it best. What does a husband want with a big closet anyway?!

Eve Grey said...

Your son sounds like one of mine. He's always been all about the boobs. I dread the teenage years already.

Gretchen said...

You mean you haven't already staked claim on THAT closet too? Better hurry up and get all your shoes up there!! Or better yet, use it to house all your feminine products. My experience is that men don't want to come within 10 feet of anything that looks like feminie products. (not that you have a closet-full of feminine products, but I've noticed how they repel men.)

RuensOnTheRun said...

I would probably sleep better if mine would sleep upstairs...he's been snoring lately..Ugh. Well, I guess you already know your little boys like girls!

amanda said...

omg you make me giggle!!

i puffy heart you friend :)

A Crafty Mom said...

I'd have my claws out for the closet FOR SURE. That's not funny business, don't mess with a woman and a place where she stores her beloved clothing and shoes and other misc. items. LOL!!!!!

Kristen said...

That is too funny! Just who does he think he is?? The one raising the kids? I think not!!

Go start painting that room and bathroom pink immediately!! Claim it sister!!

Unknown said...

I agree, paint it pink, he won't want it anymore. I too want to know what he would do with a bigger closet?

Shanda said...

Popping over from SITS roll call...

Had to laugh at Texan Mama's response!! You could always just store all of the diapers, wipes, AND feminine products in there!

B said...

love those! and your husband better get his boxing gloves on.

Aracely said...

Thems figtin' words for sure!

MaricrisG said...

I wish we have a spare room at our house like that. I wouldn't even give my hubby a notice, I'll just jump right in and make camp in that spare room! I can only wish!

Maricris

Dennis and Leslie said...

Haha, men are so silly some times....
He thinks he'll get the bigger closet....funny.

Unknown said...

So sweet that he prays every night to have a good dream...because when my oldest was little I made up a song that I sang to her at night to make her have good dreams and now at almost 10 I still sing it EVERY night!

Tara Bennett said...

Oh no he di'nt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...