Tuesday, January 20, 2009

out on a school night



Out on a school night, call us crazy. We went to a concert The Killers. Contrary to my visions of feeling old, fat and in desperate need of an automatic drip coffee maker for the morning, we left the concert feeling young, vibrant, like we still have the entire world within our grasps (albeit we are parents with two small children and a mortgage and our scratchy voices have subdued the message a bit from being shared).

from This Is Your Life - The Killers

You gotta be stronger than the stories...

The sky is full of dreams
But you don't know how to fly
I don't have a simple answer
I just know that I could answer something better

The feeling continues on today, along with the rest of America.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I'm glad you guys had fun - wish we could have come too, but alas. Magazineland calls.
Happy Inauguration Day!
-A

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I bet it was a great concert!

Miss Lisa said...

You wild child you!
Glad it was fun!!!

A Crafty Mom said...

Awesome!!! LOVE The Killers . . . hubby and I almost went to a concert recently but couldn't swing it. So glad you went and got to act like party animals :-)

Wisconsin Parent said...

Oh yeah...well did YOU know that Hannah Montana and Miley Sirus are the same person?!? Not me? How pathetic is that. :-) Good for you guys.

Aracely said...

You are so flippin cool and hip! Glad you had fun.

Ryan and Jesse said...

good for you guys for getting out and rocking out!! hope you are great!

OHmommy said...

It has been years since I attended a concert... I bet you had a blast!

kristine said...

I was thinking about you on Monday night, hoping you were having a good time!
Glad to hear you did. You know, the way you felt leaving the concert is exactly how we felt leaving the movies a couple of months ago. Isn't it crazy what a little night out can do for you guys?

RuensOnTheRun said...

Sounds like a fun time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...