Thursday, January 12, 2012

oh, snap

Have I shared this with you yet? (Probably not, because it's less than flattering... and I'm super vain. No, really, I'm not that vain.)


Our latest professional photograph (and I use the term professional loosely here).

I can pretty much count this is what we were thinking as the camera went *click*.

Me: "Chin out, chin up, but not up too much you can see in my nose. Please let me get one photograph were my double chin isn't the most obvious feature on my face."

Edy: "I'm just resting here. I'm about to fly my arms and arch my back again in 3...2...1."

Wyatt: "The picture lady put that jar of suckers on the floor. When she's not looking, I'm totally sneaking one into my pocket and playing dumb when Mom asks 'where I got it from?".

Henry: "La-la-la, look there's my shoe. La-la-la, there's a string on my shirt. La-la-la, I wonder what I can make with the string..."

My husband: "If you put that f'ing stuffed parrot on your head one more freakin' time, I'm going to go off on you. Just snap the f'ing picture."

And this one was actually the best of the bunch to pick from.

Adding family picture to the list of 2012 things to do,

again.

15 comments:

L. Shanna said...

Our photographer is great and so reasonably priced! Let me know if you want her info. She's located in Victoria, but the drive is worth it :)

Marie said...

I missed your blog voice! I'm glad you're back.

As for the picture, I think you all look great and I so don't see a double chin (your husband is pretty handsome, by the way).

I also need to thank you for your donation to the St. Gianna Materinty Home. They received their packages right before Christmas and had a party with past and current residents. Sister Mary Pat was excited to use the Cub card you mailed to use when they go camping near the cities. I guess they do this every summer, so it was a perfect donation! :) Again, thank you.

Best to you all!
Marie
:)

Aryn said...

Bwaahaha! Love the commentary.

Emmy said...

And please tell me this is a zoomed in view and your photographer didn't cut your husband's head off like that. I''ll take your picture.. Just have to fly me there ;)

Shan said...

Girl, you look beautiful. I am always noticing your eyes and your dimples.

I wholeheartedly recommend our photographer. Friendly, entertaining without being annoying and she works outdoors. Sure, she lives in the middle of the Mojave desert and you have to know which unmarked roads to take (and GPS is useless)... highs and lows, highs and lows.

Galit Breen said...

Hee! Love this, and think y'all are adorable! :)

Stephanie said...

LOL Love it. Hey, at least you tried! We haven't a professional picture in years!!

Brie said...

No matter what you think of the picture, I think you look lovely! :-)

amanda said...

this cracks me up!! for soooo many reasons!!

maybe when we meet up this year we can have one big over the top family picture!!

no really. i am kidding.

xo

ps - you look great though. just for the record.

Unknown said...

Personally, I think this picture is awesome. In an odd way, maybe, but awesome, none-the-less. You need to pull it out in about 7 years and do a side by side Christmas card.
P.S. Your husband is hot and I have never in a million years seen less of a double chin. You're full of it. ;P

An Imperfect Momma said...

ha. thats awesome. Kinda like how our pictures turned out. yeah...we are getting new ones too

Bridgette said...

Ha, I love it! Your pre-picture routine is very similar to mine, though I throw a little head tilt in there sometimes for good measure.

Unknown said...

I love the play by play...ha!

And, for the record? You, honey? Are gorgeous. No, seriously, you are.

xo

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

okay, first? You look awesome.

Second? Please tell me that you were actually paid to take this picture off their hands? They really chopped heads and features off? Wow!

Murdock's mama said...

Ok, I LOVE this photo!! Tell me, did you crop it, or are 2 of the 5 of your heads really cut off? BTW...you're ADORABLE!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...