Thursday, January 19, 2012

eye of the beholder

She usually wakes up singing, something along the lines of 'hi', then she changes it an octave and says it again 'hi'. Maybe a little louder, it depends on her mood. She jumps up and down in her crib, holding onto the side railing, screeching the already well-worn springs. She's literally just jumping at the chance to start her morning.

But this morning, she woke up with snot smeared across her face, her hair standing up on end on the left hand side, her breath not at all that sweet baby smell we all dream about.

It was an actual temperature of negative 7 this morning, perhaps she knew.


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

My snotty beauty.

Me getting a good laugh every time I look at this photo on my phone, that's pretty beautiful too.

11 comments:

amanda said...

oh my gosh. i love her. love her.

hoping her day turned around...and yours.

stay warm friend.

xo

Mrs. M said...

My son's snotty nose turned into pink eye and an ear infection so I hope she fights it off and it's just a cold! Love the picture!!

Emmy said...

-7! Brrr yeah, she knew. Love it!

Unknown said...

I'll admit it: I love the days when your kids wake up looking like stinkers. Not mine. Yours.

She is super-adorable, even in stinker mode. =)

Galit Breen said...

Oh yes, that is beautiful indeed!

{I hope she feels better and wowsa, is she ever right - it's officially COLD now! Brr!}

Shan said...

I love the photo... but you've seen my "my precious" post, so I doubt you're surprised.

I hope she's a snotless wonder again soon.

An Imperfect Momma said...

Love the photo! She is not amused at all :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I might have to come back to this again later today...it made me smile, too!

I hope that everybody is feeling better..and it's a little warmer there. Ick!

4luvandlife said...

Still beautiful just more funny.

Marie said...

Poor Edy. Even though she looks a tad grumpy, she still is gorgeous.

As my cousin taught Murray to say: "Just look at me! How can you get mad at this face?".

Feel better, Edy!

busana muslim said...

Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...