Tuesday, May 10, 2011

click

My eyes opened to a plate of Ritz peanut butter sandwiches and a kids' sized cup of soy milk. My breakfast in bed.

*click*

I wished then that I had my camera, that I could take a picture of their creation, before their eyes eagerly waited for me to take my first bite and resound with a 'yum!'.

I had to remind myself that it doesn't matter, I'm in the moment, enjoying just being pampered on my Mother's day. No matter, I'll remember this moment for the rest of my life.

Henry shrugged off giving me my present, once again, at the restaurant. It was only until Wyatt climbed under the table and grabbed it from him to give to me, that I got to see what was in the bag. Little love note from Henry to me, written in Chinese on one side, English on the other. His eyes, I want to remember his eyes as he read them both to me, that look of pride and a little bit of what's the big deal.

*click*

At my pedicure, Wyatt sat on my lap relaxing in the massage chair, turning around every once and awhile to see if someone was there kicking the back of the chair to make it move so much. When it came time to put color on mine, she asked if 'he wanted some too'. His smile, when I took off his socks and shoes, him then realizing that he was getting his toes painted too, I must remember that smile.

*click*

At the tiny diner, the kind with only 5 or so tables, smashed together, somewhere past lunchtime. Wyatt and I climbing up the stairs after using the restroom, both of us giggle about him forgetting to put underwear on this morning, because he was just too darn excited about wearing shorts, finally. He ran up to the table, announced to Dad that he 'forgot to wear underwear' and just like that, he dropped his shorts.

*click*

The woman right next to us bursting out laughing, thanking us... it made her Mother's day.

*click*

I wouldn't have forgotten it anyway.

8 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Those are the best memories! All that fun in just one day. I love your Mother's Day!

So hilarious about the dropping the drawers.

MommyLisa said...

That is just awesome. I love how you recalled your day. You will remember it forever.

amanda said...

how many favorite posts can i have? bc this is it. i love it. like really love it honey.

how many mental clicks can we have?

never enough huh :)

xo

Shan said...

Freaking awesome!

Caitlin {Pacifier In My Pocket} said...

Oh that's hysterical, I love it! What a great day, no need for a camera to keep the memories.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Sounds just like the perfect day was captured in your mental camera.

Now, I surely can't believe your little man would do something like that?

Emmy said...

Lol! Okay good thing I wasn't drinking nothing when I read that last one.
Love love how you wrote this post!

Aryn said...

That is the sweetest post ever! I want to read it over and over again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...