Tuesday, May 3, 2011

abyss

I'm in this abyss.

It goes something like this... Wyatt wakes up in the morning exhausted because he didn't go to sleep until 10 o'clock or so, then of course, he needs a nap because he didn't sleep long enough the previous night, but then since he takes a nap, he doesn't fall asleep until 10 o'clock.

Can you see this circle of hell that I'm in?

And I know that this is common, but seriously, this is some sort of hell, right?!
(Please tell me that it will end soon.)

So needless to say, Wyatt comes out of his room fairly often to let me know this or that.

Last night's conversation:

"Mom, I need to go pee"

(even though he just went to the bathroom 23 minutes ago).

He giggles from the toilet, "I guess I didn't have to go".

No surprise.

He comes out to the living room doing this little side step dance, sashaying over to me on the couch.

He smiles at me while pulling his pajama shirt up to his chin exposing his belly "I thought I had to go poo-poo, but I told my brain that it was too late".

I nod, while trying to ignore him, and told him to "now get back into bed".

He heads towards his room but not before telling me

"it was easy, I just sucked it back into my brain."

Ah, poop talk and bad sleep, make that two circles of hell.


Do all children do this or am I just that lucky?

10 comments:

Hyacynth said...

Friend, I don't know if ALL children do, but I can tell you, I'm just that lucky, too. ;)

Mandy said...

hahaha I am reminded of the time our oldest told me that his body had to poop and he said, "No body. Not now. I want to play." But his body said, "yes you do" and so he pooped. And then finished that with a resounding, "Can you wipe me?" Potty talk is the best. Not. ;)

Unknown said...

You think I'm amazing because I do things...I think you're amazing because you somehow stay sane despite the constant craziness (and hilarity!=)). Please tell me your secret!

Emmy said...

LOL! He sucked it into his brain! Too funny. And yes, I think every kid goes through some stage like that. The key is to have one day where you are out doing something really fun all day-that way he is happy-even though he's tired since its fun-and cannot get a nap so when you get home he will go right to sleep and hopefully it will get back on track. :)

Mimi N said...

Well, you ARE that lucky, but this too shall pass. Then they're out at night and you're trying to track them down. LOL It just changes. =) Parenthood is SO fun!

~Mimi

MommyLisa said...

I have to pee...can I get a drink...come look out my window...I just wanted to tell you I love you mama. GAH! Circle of hell indeed.

Janelle Halverson said...

OH MY GOSH!!! This sounds horrible but the poop gets me hysterical!! Love it!!

Jen Westpfahl said...

that's some imaginative poop talk! But for the bedtime stalling and telling you random things, yeah they all do that.

amanda said...

i am soooo laughing.

but in all honesty i am right there with you in said circle of hell. yesterday i don't think i slept more than four hours. it hurt. bad.

and oh for the love of peter pan how i love me some wyatt :)

Shan said...

I read this the other day. Not entirely sure why I didn't comment, except maybe Fynn was in my arms trying to get to the pretty lights and Mad was trying to get me to let her type or watch "somefing for me" and when I said I was typing a message, Mad might have recalled that "meshach" Santa sent her on the "T.O.S.H.I.B.A. - concuter." I could be confusing all of that with some other time I didn't leave a message.

In any case, you are not alone. Only Mad is my poop talker and Fynn is my non-sleeper. It's better than it used to be though. I'm up to about five hours in any given night. Mostly consecutive.

By the way, nice new pic! You look different with lighter hair. Or maybe you look different because I'm wearing my glasses this time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...