Monday, April 18, 2011

cool 2 B kind

I admit, I was pretty pissed off annoyed at Mother Nature come Saturday morning. There have been some gorgeous 60 and 70 degree days here in Minnesota... finally... only to wake up on Saturday morning to that lush new spring green covered up, yet again, by snow.

October was our first month of snow. April (please be to God) will be our last month of snow. For all those slower at math than myself, that's 7 months with snow on the ground. Can you imagine? (probably not)

In all seriousness, we will survive, we Minnesotans are a hearty bunch (or we are people who are content with being indoors for the majority of the year). But thankfully, what's right around the corner? Warm weather. You know what else is right around the corner? Earth Day.

I know we aren't all *really* pissed at Mother Earth, so show her some love.

Like B Kind 2 Earth Day on Facebook. One 'like' is one promise from you to do something on Earth Day, this Friday, April 22nd. Do something simple like not using paper towels for everything, like unplugging things that aren't being used...

Now go on over there, stop holding that grudge!


I'm happy to take part of this campaign, I received no compensation other than warm fuzzies. Other participants include: The Motherhood
, Nickelodeon, the National Wildlife Federation.

6 comments:

MommyLisa said...

Nice. I was awoken by that little purple-loving scamp at 6:33 am to tell me the snow was there. Little poop!

Unknown said...

I am somewhat happy to say that I can still see my grass...I don't want to, because it needs mowed, but I can see it.

Laural Out Loud said...

Snow is great. In the winter! Since it's not winter, I would be a bit on the miffed side to see it making another appearance. I hope you get your spring soon!

amanda said...

u really are a hearty bunch. but dude it's time for winter to be over.

sending you sunshine!!

Janelle Halverson said...

yeah! Talk about ticked off! Ugh! Now have have MANY inches of snow, my Elton John concert was postponed and schools are running late already for tomorrow! April 19th PEOPLE! What? yuk -hearty and hale, yes, sick of winter? absolutely!

Liz Mays said...

I can see where you'd be ticked off. You're getting one crappy spring up that way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...