Tuesday, December 14, 2010

like a Carolina pine forest

said in my best (yes, I was born in Alabama) Southern drawl.

I was looking down at Edy playing a game of peek-a-boo with my boob (a fun new game she just discovered this week, where she will suck for a second then look up at me and smile and then suck again - repeat over and over and over). I was smiling back at her, of course. She arched her back in satisfaction, stretching out her neck, when I spied something...

what the heck?

I leaned in a little closer. Hidden in the folds of her second chin were these spiky little pine needles.

(Those damn things are everywhere.)

Awesome... they've been there... umm, I don't know how long.

Freshly scented, car clean, I should just hang a deodorizer from her neck, pine.



Happy 4 months, my pine scented, does anything for a smile, little girl. You are 1/3 of a year old, 1/3 of the way to no longer being a baby, 1/3 of the way to me crying hysterically at you being my last.

12 comments:

amanda said...

oh how i love the peek a boo boob game :)

happy happy four months my sweet virtual niece!!

KristinFilut said...

They grow so darn fast. :(

Unknown said...

LOL! I found a pine needle in Eli's diaper yesterday. How do they get EVERYWHERE?
And the peek-a-boob game is priceless. Babies are so great...when they're being cute.

citymouse said...

She's just keeping you grounded!

I honestly bounce back and forth between looking forward to having all my kids on their own and wanting them all here. I feel a little psycho. They'll all be here for Christmas (even Matt) and that makes me the happiest I've been in forever.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I remember that game oh so well! As long as my nip didn't go with them I was all good!

Happy 4 months to your pine scented beauty.

Anonymous said...

this is so sweet!

Shan said...

So funny. of course I can relate almost 100%. Haven't found pine needles, but we haven't gotten our tree yet.

Laural Out Loud said...

My son always has stuff in the folds of his neck, so my husband decided I was bad at bathing and took Mason into the shower with him the other day to give him a proper cleaning. As I was drying him off, what do I see but dental floss stuck in his folds! Of couse I showed my husband, who has now shut his mouth, lol. They can hide all sorts of crazy stuff in there!

Emmy said...

Oh look at that chubby chin! Yes I always find things hiding in Ryder's chin too.. Though never a pine needle. Ryder is 7 months old :(. I too just want him to stay just as he is

Elly said...

I did not expect you to say suck and boob in the same post Beth. You surprised the heck out of me.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Adorable photo!!

Rebecca said...

Whenever I need a good laugh, I come read a few of your posts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...