Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WW - wish tree

Walking the streets of downtown Redwing, Minnesota Sunday afternoon, in between two building, there was a seating area with a few trees and predominately in front was this little tree, a wish tree.



Most people wrote down wishes for world peace, health and happiness... typical stuff. One person clearly wrote out: $1,000,000 (at least the only one I could clearly get a picture of).


I thought about this tree yesterday, as I spied from the park, a neighbor of ours who has a daughter born with Edwards Syndrome, the same thing the baby girl inside me had a chance of being diagnosed with. I've never seen him with his daughter. A miracle that she's still alive at only a couple months old.

He walked down the block, her cradled in his arms, barefoot feet on the hot sidewalk. He reached the end of the block, turned around and walked towards the other direction. His two boys ran out of the house, chasing after the two of them. Together all four of them walked back into the house.

I know this isn't really a Wordless Wednesday post, but just in that I wouldn't know what to say to him, if he walked over to the park we were at instead of back into his house, makes me feel wordless.

Just one of the things I would have wished for on that wish tree.

Feel free to add your own wishes.

13 comments:

Mommy, I'm Home said...

That is so sweet...

Emmy said...

I am so glad that things are okay with your daughter.

And I wish that my kids will grow up happy and kind good people, that have lots of good friends along the way.

amanda said...

oh honey...

wordless is right.

but now i want a wish tree :)

Vanessa said...

I would've been wordless as well.

Liz Mays said...

That would have been a wish worth making.

jen said...

i think everyone needs a wish tree in their yard. that would make for a perfectly wonderful idea. i might just have to go and do that this afternoon.
redwing makes me think of my aunt/uncle who had to close their red wing restaurant down just last week. and along with it the bank will take their river home that they will now live at until it's gone.
thankfully. they have family. and friends. and a small place down in FL to go to next.
i wish things were easier for them.
and at the same time ... i realize that they are so very lucky.

simplicity said...

What a sweet idea to have a wish tree?

And that daddy and that little girl. Wordless is right.

LutherLiz said...

I would have been wordless as well.

Wisconsin Parent said...

Wah! I'm crying. I needed to read that post today. Hang in there girl!

citymouse said...

I read this earlier at work. I can read blogs there, I just can't comment.

I found this very moving. I think after this past year I can actually feel "deeper". I don't know if that is even possible, but I think that is true. The thought that your child is here one moment and could be gone the next is very real for me. My heart goes out to your neighbor.

I am very thankful for your pregnancy and it's success so far. I have no doubt that your little girl is a miracle in the making.

Shan said...

Hugs to you.

@ly said...

That is a very sweet thought of you to have for your neighbor. Kindness is something we never have too much of.

Amy said...

I wish that the secret I have -for now- is something that will become something wonderful and not something hard.

I wish that people didn't have to suffer, especially children in this world.

I wish for heath for my little family and all of the families in the world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...