Friday, May 14, 2010

the one where I'm all sappy (mostly)

We were at dinner on Saturday night (because, like I said, I didn't cook because it was part of my being lazy Mother's day weekend) when Henry handed me his card he made in school. Honestly, my first reaction: '$hit, it's in Chinese, not only can I not read it, he'll probably not be able to remember what it means.' I know, bad mother... but to my wonderful surprise, he read it and then translated for me:


Very, very loosely translated:

Happy Mother's Day

Mama, Mama
You are the sky,
I am the clouds.
You are the sun,
I am the grass.
You are the forest,
I am the bird.
Watch the bird fly away,
think of me.

Whoever thinks Chinese isn't one of the romantic languages just plain crazy, because how can even a non-pregnant person not get a little teary eyed at that?

*

And since I'm being all sappy and talking about being pregnant, can I ask for a few prayers? Some of you know, some of you don't, our baby has a 3mm cyst on her brain. The cyst isn't the issue, it's that the cyst a soft marker for something else being wrong with her like Trisomy 18, like Edwards Syndrome, like being born stillborn.

Today is the ultrasound to look more closely at the baby to see if there are any other indicators, because as of the last ultrasound, everything else was great. I believe in prayer, if you can, just say a quick one for her to make sure that all is OK.

Now continue on to someone else's blog that will probably be a heck of a lot funnier.

Sap out.

23 comments:

Capital Mom said...

I will be thinking of you all day and sending you hugs from far away.

Aryn said...

Good luck, sister! Everything will be great with Baby Girl K, but I put in a word for good measure. Love you.
-A

A Crafty Mom said...

Thinking of you and praying today - big time. Be sure to keep us posted. Hang in there.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a sweet card.

And, sending lots of prayers your way for an easy, smooth, and good information with the ultrasound.

RuensOnTheRun said...

Praying for your daughter. *hugs*

Murdock's mama said...

Praying like crazy for you & your family!

Emmy said...

So so sorry! Definitely saying a prayer for you. I hope it is all okay.

LutherLiz said...

I'll be praying. I hope it proves to be none of those things and simply the first opportunity your little girl is taking to mess with you.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be thinking of you.

dahozho said...

What a sweet card!!

Will be thinking/praying for you and the little one.

(If you end up having to have amnio, PLEASE schedule at least 2 days in bed afterwards. I wasn't ready for that experience, which my ob said was normal...it was kind of a shock, 'cause they *don't* tell you beforehand, of course!)

MollyinMinn said...

You are in my thoughts today.

amanda said...

a) just beautiful friend. totally beautiful

b) you know how much it's killing me not to text you right? i guess i should have asked what time the apt was huh?

c) lots of prayers and happy thoughts....

xo

StepherB said...

Good luck...you are in my prayers!

Stephanie said...

Just found your blog and had to comment. Happy belated Mothers day and prayers for you...

darcie said...

oh Beth...
Keep us posted...
Sending you thoughts and prayers and all the perfect bill of health vibes I can muster!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

The card and poem are just gorgeous.

I'll be thinking of you. Hope the ultrasound goes well.

tori said...

I believe in prayer too. I will be praying for you!

Patrice said...

I believe in prayer, too, and will definitely send some your way. Hoping for good news at the ultra sound!

AiringMyLaundry said...

What a sweet card!

You are definately in my thoughts.

Rebecca said...

First, the poem is beautiful. They are little birds that we care for only to see fly away, aren't they? (Sniff.)

Second, I wasn't aware of your daughter's cyst. We'll be thinking of you. I have heard that most often these things just go away. As a mother, I know that doesn't ease your fears much. Thoughts, prayers, good energy, all that stuff is coming your way. Keep us updated.

Unknown said...

Beth,

How did it go? I had no idea since I've been a horrible bloggy friend. I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure the waiting and not knowing is very difficult..

Megan said...

Sending prayers your way. I hope everything went okay.

And what a sweet card/poem.

Lifeofkaylen said...

Good luck!!!!!! My thoughts are with you!

Very sweet card-I think it's beautiful and even the chinese writing looks beautiful.

Mandy said...

I am just now catching up on my reader.... Thinking about you and your sweet baby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...