Tuesday, February 23, 2010

make me smile

You entertained the dental assistant with your silly antics, taking off your shoes the moment Henry sits in the chair and we settle in across from him. You show her your puppy socks and ask her if 'she has any puppy socks?'. With her response, you tell her that 'she should get some puppy socks'.

You bubble over with the thrill of having tiny paper water cups at your disposal to fill up, over and over and over again.

She asks you 'how old you are' and you reply with your sweet, little voice 'tou an a haf'. You continue the conversation talking about how you first wanted a princess cake, then a 'Spon Bob' cake and how you have settled on a Spiderman cake (for the time being). You told her you have a birthday list and she smiles.

You are always making people smile. I admit, not always me, but you do make me smile. A lot.

When it came time to pick out a prize for doing so well, you scoured through the box filled with fuzzy rings, paper tablets, shiny coins and (OMGosh, please don't pick that) brand new pencils. You picked this:



A clown nose. Most fitting, for sure.

21 comments:

amanda said...

completely perfect :)

Murdock's mama said...

LOL...I LOVE it! :) Too cute!

Unknown said...

awesome! endless entertainment!

Margaret said...

I love it! so adorable!

Bethany said...

That is awesome. I wish our dentist had such cool prizes. Then again given the choice between a clown nose and a pencil my daughter would no doubt pick the pencil. She's such a nerd. (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree)

Tam and John said...

Stinkin' cute! Oh, and send me your pencils - funny post about the overgifting, but sadly, I'm a school supply whore (can I say that here?)

Emmy said...

Sounds like my son.. when he is one on one with adults he is the most charming entertaining boy there is... but when he starts not listening to them and not doing what they ask, then they don't always appreciate it so much.

Mrs. M said...

Great post - I have GOTTA get one of those noses for my kids. They don't have those at our dentist office!

Shandal said...

Too cute! My son would love one of those! I just know he'd try and put it on his sister. haha

Mandy said...

That made ME smile!! :)

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Now just TRY not to smile at this cutie! Impossible!! I LOVE it!

Rebecca said...

I want one! That looks cool!

Capital Mom said...

That picture is a keeper. It looks good on him.

Carma Sez said...

I bet that little fella brings a lot of joy to your life :-)

freddielyle said...

Your little one makes me smile too! He's adorable! Now that's personality!!

Shelly - Tropical Mum said...

They call them the terrible twos, but I loved that age in my youngest one. Not so much the oldest one because the youngest one was just a newborn and I was sleep-deprived, but definitely with DS2.

Yours is a real cutie!

Aryn said...

CUUUUUUTE! I wanna play with him!

Carrie said...

Adorable! My oldest very seriously considered all the dentist "prizes" when she went.

Visiting from SITS

Jenn said...

Ahhh...how fun is that?!?!?! :) I need some puppy socks I think.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Definitely the most fitting. Awesomeness.

Lifeofkaylen said...

LOVE it!! He's too cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...