Thursday, April 2, 2009

written in the rear

I'm not a highly organized person, but my current occupational choice doesn't make it necessary for me to be either. My routine hasn't changed much in the four plus years I've done childcare, so having a planner seems redundant – it would say see previous day every day.

I use to have a planner where I'd attempted to Franklin Covey my career in A1's and arrows, but I usually ended up just scribbling notes down anywhere there was room. Today, you would more likely find notes not in a planner but shoved in my coat pocket, in the bottom of the washing machine barely legible and sometimes, though I rarely carry one, at the corner of the diaper bag, crumbled up.


The last time I got a number (with my husband at my side) from an old acquaintance at Henry's Kindergarten Roundup; when she walked away, he laughed at me and programmed her number into his phone for when I lose it. (Just to spite him though, it's still neatly folded in the pocket of my jacket).

I have scribbled notes on my hand in desperate need of something to write on, but I've never thought of grabbing my paperback. Probably because something like this would be found in the back page:



I borrowed this book from my sister-in-law and it's not her handwriting, so I have no idea who needs to remember hemorrhoid cream, socks and Zip Locks. It's not me, but I promise if it was I wouldn't be writing it on the back page of my latest Jodi Picoult paperback.

Things like hemorrhoid cream are put on what I like to call 'mental lists'.

18 comments:

Housewife Savant said...

You are the Queen of Hilarity.
I'm like you-ish, 'cept much more forgetful that [yes] even hemmie cream would need to go onto a hard copy.
Oh, the inhumanity of [my age].

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is hilarious! I think that would be on my mental list too, or I would at least write it in code:)

Ronnica said...

No, I don't think I'll be writing that type of thing IN my books. I do, however, find old notes and things tucked inside old books!

amanda said...

that is awesome!! gotta love the mental list :)

ps - i kinda had to stop reading jodi for a bit. she makes me cry too much. i need a cry break.

Patrice said...

oh my gosh that is so funny!! What Jodi are you winning?!

Mikki Black said...

This is why I love to find lost notes! You just never know what might be in them.

Miss Lisa said...

LOL!
I was very big on the A1 Daytimer world ;)

I would think if you wrote hemorrhoid cream, you'd really need it but if you really needed, I am betting the note would not be necessary ;)

Vashey Fam said...

Oh you made me laugh out loud!! Programming it into his phone sounds something like what *my* husband would do! Ha ha hemorrhoid cream!! Hilarious!

Aracely said...

Wow that's like that movie Serendipity, only not really at all.

I hear Prep H is good for the puffy eyes, oh and puffy butts too.

Anonymous said...

Unless you show proof of your own handwriting, I think the verdict is still out on who tat book belongs to! =)
You seriously don't know what to do with Hem cream, socks and Ziplocs?!?! Well, okay, neither do I.
Love the post title. You are so witty! As you know I have just given up, and I am okay with that. So are you saying that you are totally against planners? Or do you just need an organizer? Like a cooool one?

Maytina said...

I swear I did stuff like that everyday till my husband got me my BlackBerry. Now I have a zillion notes in it! [found you through SITS]

Travis Erwin said...

That slit is hilarious.

Aryn said...

Written in the rear. Ha.

MaricrisG said...

I think we lost our brains when we became moms! I'm Sticky Notes mom. Use your wild imaginations where u'll find them! LOL! Can't live w/o them :)

AndreaLeigh said...

haha! i have all these little scraps of paper at work with notes about clients, phone numbers, todo lists... eventually I just get tired of it and write it down on one big list... and the process starts all over again.

Susan said...

I agree with you, some things go on the mental list only!

Rachel said...

Written in the rear...you are TOO funny.

Rebecca said...

I hate to think of the activity some weirdo had planned for the socks, butt cream, and plastic baggies. Yuk.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...