Tuesday, April 28, 2009

girly-boy

As I remember it, the first time I was spanked (yes; close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears, start singing 'la-la-la', because at one time parents did in fact spank their children) was because I didn't want to wear what my mother had picked out. I guess at the tender age of four or five, I had this incredible sense of fashion that had to be expressed, that or the fact that I'm a girl that likes to wear dresses and my mother's choice for the day probably was not a dress, I'm a real girly-girl in that sense.

It appears that my son is a little bit of a girly-boy. I've posted about how he screams like a girl, how he loves his hats and accessories, and well, what did my now 2-year-old son wish for his birthday: a baby doll stroller and baby.



For those maybe in question of his toddler-manhood, he counts "3,5,3,5,3 go..." and speed races the stroller and baby across the length of the living room, back and forth, as fast as his little legs can take him until either he, baby or both crashes.

See, very much like a man, that and he never asks for directions.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's adorable that he has a doll and stroller :)

Our nephew who is Bella's age always plays with her dolls and her princess crown!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is too cute!

This morning, Izzy protested the DRESS that I picked out for her! Ughhh!

Anonymous said...

I think Nico and Wyatt were meant to be related somehow..even if it's just in the blogosphere.
I personally don't see the stroller pushing as a big deal. My SIL's tend to differ and make fun of him. Same thing as with Wyatt, all he wants to do is push crap around. It doesn't matter the color, the size or what it's used for. If it rolls, he will roll it.
It just happens to end up being more strollers then anything, but when you only have girl cousins what do you expect?!
Oh yeah, and he screams like a girl too. Drives Daddy insane! And me too a little.

amanda said...

i love it friend :)

he and beans can get together for stroller races!!

Mandy said...

:)

Nothin' wrong with playing with a stroller. His spouse will thank him one day.

Miss Lisa said...

That is totally normal--he is only copying the person he sees the most, mommy :)
My boys use doll strollers as demolition cars--they run at lighting speed into each other ;)

Anonymous said...

Hahhaa kids are for laughing at! I'm not one of those people that consider toys to be gender specific. Besides, he isn't nurturing or snuggling with the baby doll - he's to-the-death racing it through the house. That's manly.

Chris said...

Love the counting!

Party Plan Mom said...

Hey There! Well my nephew (now 7) wore "dorothy" (as in ruby slippers) heels and carried a purse until he recently discovered NASCAR. I think he'll be fine. Hey, check out my ghost writing work, which is actually generating revenue: http://directsalessuccesscoach.blogspot.com/ Would you be interested in working with/for me as Type J?

Party Plan Mom said...

sorry, that was me (Julie) not Lorene. Identity Crisis! You need to get Wyatt the book about Will and the Doll (what is that?)

unpopular mom said...

Too funny! I can so relate to this issue. lol

Rebecca said...

One of my boy cousins was obsessed with Barbie dolls until he was old enough to realize that he SHOULDN'T. I think he still liked them but didn't show it. He's all grown up now and is in his thirties. He's a big, broad, gruff, man.

We have a ton of baby dolls in our house, but neither of my kids play with them. I guess neither of them has the nurturing side yours have!

AndreaLeigh said...

that is adorable. the world needs more men who understand the value of a good accessory in my opinion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...