Thursday, April 23, 2009

it's official

It's official. My 5k run time was 25.54, meaning I ran an average of 8.23 minutes a mile, meaning that if I was 16 years old, I would have just passed that freakin' Physical Fitness Test. I'm so proud. I can envision it now, my old high school PE teacher, Mr. Jungbult tossing the badge in my general direction saying "Here you go, Buns. Why don't you go sew this on your Brownie sash or something".

Oh yes, so proud.

After I crossed the finish line Henry offered to make me a medal. (So endearing at the time, but slightly annoying in writing this post as I'm so not a big believer in participation ribbons and trophies for all those who played in any activity. If they are old enough to play soccer, t-ball, whatever; they are old enough to get that not everyone wins. Hey Kids: shake hands, be graceful and try to win next time.)

I should have have told Henry about my moral victory. That if it was just 15+ years earlier, I would have gotten this awesome, official-looking Presidential badge instead of his homemade (though quite sweet) medal.

Wait, did I just write that high school was 15+ years ago, I just negated my entire I'm not too old mentality.

21 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

WOO-HOO! Congrats on the run :)
Take that Jungbult!

4luvandlife said...

Way to go Buns!

Anonymous said...

Way to go mama! And you most certainly aren't old!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Congrats on the run!

What a great time you had...and I never, EVER made the 9 minute mile!

Mama Nut said...

Stopping by from SITS...your "Anti-Supermom" intrigued me! Cute blog and congrats on running a 5K.

Unknown said...

Congrats Beth! All you classes at the club are paying off :)

Elly said...

Awesome Job! Just think what you would've done if you had had adequate sleep!! It was good to see you on the 17th. See you this weekend maybe?

Susan said...

Congrats on your run!! And you are still young, I am having my 20year reunion this year but it feels like only 10 years!

Eve Grey said...

GOOD FOR YOU! ♥

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry, but I was distracted from the content of your post by that adorable photo. What did you write about, again?

Carma Sez said...

congrats on your accomplishment.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you enjoyed the "cheesiness"
carma :-)

The Rambler said...

Woot Woot...doing the happy dance.

You go Buns (giggle)!!

For us, ahem, 15+ years ago high schoolers!

Laural Out Loud said...

What a sweet accomplishment! I'm with you on the whole trophy thing- here in San Diego ALL the kids get trophies, whether they win or not. Are you going to try and keep your time going forward?

The Rambler said...

I'm tagging you in my Monday post. :)

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

You go girl!!!!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Hey the one and only 5k I ran and actually noticed my time, was a similar time.. I guess for moms that's awesome yes.. we ARE NOT comparing to 15yrolds. We. ARE. NOT!

amanda said...

yay for you honey!! sooo impressed!!

and the pic is awesome :)

Aubrey said...

OMGoodness! You rock!

Thank you SO much for stopping by on my SITS day last week!

Lora said...

that's awesome!
My goal is to enter a 5K this year, and run the half-marathon next spring.

Visiting you from SITS--have a great day!

kristine said...

WAy to go mama!!!!!

A Crafty Mom said...

I read this when you posted it, but we all had the flu for a couple weeks, and I never got around to commenting. WAY TO GO!!!!

I think 25 is great for a 5K - I'm a slow runner and I don't think I ever do 5K in much less time than that. What a GREAT picture of you two . . . you're too adorable for words :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...