Thursday, November 13, 2008

my children vs. my real children

We drove to Chicago this past weekend. Why fly when you can drive? Let me run down a little list:

While my flying children
are served by flight attendants, on fold-down trays, fun in-flight snacks,
my real children
have me unbuckled from my seat, risking my life, to rescue the last fruit snack stuck in Wyatt's car seat before he has a complete meltdown.


While my flying children
have interesting people surrounding them in the terminal, on the flight, in the elevators,
my real children
have the back of their Mommy and Daddy's head to stare at for the next seven hours while kicking the back of our seats to no particular tune on the radio.

While my flying children
have a view of the country from thousands of feet above,
my real children
have a view of well, not much. There were a few interesting convenience store restrooms along the way. We drove from Minnesota, across Wisconsin and into Illinois, need I say more.

At least unlike my flying children, my real children can have their piggies out the entire trip, it’s their favorite way to travel.

9 comments:

Anti-Supermom said...

Revised post as I didn't want anything to be taken incorrectly. My bloggy love for everyone runs deep.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Love those little piggies!

I'm sure your budget loves your driving kids more than the flying kids!

Miss Lisa said...

I actually prefer driving over flying--flying with kids is no fun.
Love those little baby toes :)

amanda said...

awww what's better than little piggies!!

glad you all survived the trip :)

OHmommy said...

Now I am scratching my head wondering what the pre-revised post was like.

We too love driving. I just can't do it alone w/o the husband. Driving and reaching for snacks on the ground IS difficult. ;)

kristine said...

We love road-trippin it too! I love the piggies.. .oh and your realy children are better, too.

Tyne said...

You survived? Great, encouraging news for me. I am about to do a ten hour trip with three kids and a dog, BY MYSELF!!!

I have an award for you over at my blog, but I probably won't actually publish the post until tomorrow... but while I am here, thought I would let you know.

Tyne said...

OMG! Just figured out from your comment at Amanda's Lifelong Playdate that you were a surrogate. Tell me more! I didn't know what surro-mom meant!

DiPaola Momma said...

Oh the piggies... I'm over the moon for baby toes! Let me tell ya though that after a certain age they go sour. I NEVER want to see my 15 year old son's toes anymore. Judging by the state of his socks when I do the laundry, this is a good idea!

I was sent to you by Laural at Laural Out Loud, she won your Target gift card...wooohooo!I LOVE your blog!! You crack me up. Stop by and check out my Target gift card contest. It's my first give away.. I'm at Chicken Nuggets Of Wisdom

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...