Monday, November 24, 2008

his manners

Just like every other 18 month old out there, Wyatt is adorable. He says the cutest stuff. His latest thing, running behind my back while I'm changing someone else's diaper, (as my low rise jeans ride a little too low in the backside) jabs me (in my probably slightly overexposed butt) and shouts 'poop poo!'. It's adorable.

Even more adorable is when he does this to the mother of the baby that I take care of. Every time she bends over to put her son in his car seat, Wyatt seizes the opportunity. She has yet to realize what exactly he is saying or chooses to be polite and not mention it.

So this last weekend, at our dinner party, Wyatt runs up behind one of the guests, sticks his little fingers between the chair spindles, jabs and shouts, oh you know it, 'poop poo!'.

Thank you, thank you, low rise pants. You are the demise of my son's manners. Much appreciated.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least your pants are your excuse for him saying poop! I decided that I would teach my son how to say it.
I thought that it would help him tell me when he had a crappy diaper. But, not so much.
Aside from that, I am loving this age right now! Everything they do is so cute...I'm dreading the day that all changes.

Unknown said...

Lol! See, I am a bad influence b/c I am cracking up!

Hehe :)

Mandy said...

:) I love this!

A Crafty Mom said...

I can't tell you how much I am hating those low rise pants now!! I wonder why I ever bought them, but several pair still fit me and and were not cheap, so I force myself to still wear them, although every one of my friends has seen my butt as I change my baby's diaper on their living room floors :-)

But totally cute story, of course. 18 months is a fun age (well, in some ways!).

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting me and leaving me some SITSa Love!! That is a funny story! I love it!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is hilarious!

I put a cold spoon in my sister's pants one time when she was showing a little too much crack!

Laural Out Loud said...

The potty talk starts young and really never stops, lol. It just morphs. I would give a pretty penny to see the look on your unsuspecting guests' faces after being poked by Wyatt, lol.

amanda said...

tee hee :)

darn those low rise jeans!!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

I think it's hilarious. Not so hilarious is finding underwear that don't show with said low-rise pants (that I'm not so comfy with in the first place, but can't seem to avoid!).

Miss Lisa said...

If only the '80s and high waist jeans would come back ;)

Rebecca said...

I love Wyatt. He is FUNNY. Can we hire him for dinner party entertainment?

Rebecca said...

p.s. Low rise pants?! You crazy, Girl. I now know why moms wear "mom pants."

Wendi said...

Does he hire out?
I am looking for a little added entertainment at my 20th class reunion and I think he would be perfect!

Hilarious!

Aracely said...

That's why I rock the mommy jeans.

Tyne said...

That is hilarious. I just read through your ob post, too... I am a little behind. You are a funny, funny girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...