Wednesday, August 17, 2011

there's a catapult in my bed

When my sister and I had some free time (i.e. when we got off the school bus until pretty much diner time) we'd watch television. I think our favorite show was The Brady Bunch, and as I remember it, we'd watched show after show, marathon style. We liked The Brady Bunch because Mike and Carol Brady looked like our own parents. Seriously, the resemblance is astounding.

(if only my parents would let me post a picture of them back then...)


The only time my sister and I would argue is when someone had to get up to change the channel.

Yes, I was born before t.v. remote controls.

(I was also born way born Tivo and I imagine my kids will read this post someday and tell me how they can't even fathom having to live through a 2 and 1/2 minute commercial break, but we did it... and we liked it. not really)

Oh, the inhumanity.

And what do my boys do when they have some free time?

Create a catapult.

(that is indeed a plastic plate screwed into wood, thanks for asking)

The only time they start poking each other's eyes out is when they can't decide what to toss into the air (most recently, it's those Smurfs from McDonald's) and then they also argue about who should sleep with it.

Yep, my boys like to sleep with their catapult.

Totally normal.


17 comments:

Christina said...

I love it! My boys have built many similar things. I'm always impressed at the creativity that oozes out of those brains! So yeah, I think your boys are totally normal....

Mrs. M said...

Totally normal....and completely uncomfortable! Maybe the catapult needs a bed of it's own. :)

Jessie C said...

Haha. Amazing!

Following you! :)

Rachel Joy said...

Wow this is really neat. I want one! Thanks for visiting Cool Bean Mommas!

Kathleen Basi said...

Normal or not, it is totally awesome! My son builds paper sculptures: Wolverine claws for his arms, a model of Mack from Cars, you know...stuff I would never have dreamed of. It's amazing.

Marie said...

I better not show this post to our little guy - it's bad enough that a beach tent has taken up our dining room. We're thiking of moving our table and chairs into his room!

This is so great!

Working Mommy said...

Not gonna lie - HYSTERICAL!!! I guess there really IS a difference between boys and girls!!

WM

AudreyO said...

Actually I think it's quite clever that they designed this. Now about that plate, it wasn't a dinner plate was it? LOL

Amelia Sprout said...

Mow I want to turn my spatulas in to catapults, and I'm 34. Your kids are awesome!

simplicity said...

Haha I love it! Was just thinking about the tivo thing this morning as Evie was asking for Dora. Kept telling her it's not on right now but at home anything we want can be on at any time. Definitely confusing!! haha

amanda said...

totally normal.

Aryn said...

Blog shout out. YES! But it was that Mom looked like Carol Brady and Dad looked like Andy Griffith, the show we watched AFTER the Brady Bunch. But after the AG Show, TV pretty much sucked (ie turned to news).

I did recently impress Benji with my ability to sing the Brady Bunch song verbatim and then whistle the opening tune to Andy Griffith. SO funny that you posted this. It was literally just last week!

Liz Mays said...

That is so ingenious! I LOVE that they made that. :) As long as they're not catapulting food, I think you're good. :)

Mnmom said...

Something about that XY chromosome that makes them like to hurtle things through space, the faster the better.

My Dad looked like Capt. Kirk.

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Oh, hilarious! My brother and I did the same thing (the TV line-up)!!! Brady Bunch, Three's Company, Facts of Life, yes, a whole marathon. It shaped my childhood, surely, it did.

Shan said...

When I read the title it totally took me back to your flaming bedroom. (And then, for some inexplicable reason, to the Halloween costume.)

Laural Out Loud said...

If I was smart enough to put together a catapult, I'd totally sleep with it, too! And I also wonder how medieval today's world will seem to our kids when they're older, lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...