Tuesday, August 9, 2011

representin'

I knew when he asked me if 'I always wear lipstick?', that it was a good decision to take off the cute little black dress I was wearing for the day and put on a t-shirt and jeans instead... much more believable, though I usually am in dresses and yes, I wear lipstick pretty much every day.


The shot is cropped; the photographer told me to leave the banana peel, that my husband dropped on the coffee table, there, to have my kids jump up on the couch and 'do I have a coffee cup?'... I pointed to the 32 oz. Diet Coke from McDonald's and said 'I'm usually drinking Diet Coke'.

All of that stuff got cropped from this photo.

He told me to look a little frazzled, to not smile... and come on, when you tell someone to 'not smile' they want to smile. So this is what you get, a half smile.

And vanilla hair, I wish I had my blunt cut bangs back, or at least had a better view of how cute my haircut is (or at least I think, it's a vertical cut, shaved in the back, but whatever).

I'm sorry.

My look is very mommy-ish.

But perhaps that's why they put it on the cover...

I'm so happy to be included in this article with other much more fabulous bloggers, but I'm sorry that I look so much like a mom,

because we all know that us moms are way more stylish than my hair, especially mommy bloggers.

I did *not* do a good job representin'.

18 comments:

Aryn said...

It's all very exciting! Great job, B. I am PUH-ROUD of you! Muah.

P.S. Your word verification words are often very funny. Today it's blatoals.

justme said...

It's not surprising that they made you conform to society's "normal" for what a mom should look like. But, hey, a cover's a cover, right? Congrats! That really awesome! (truly)

AudreyO said...

I love the photo. How exciting to be on the cover. I'd love to be in my jeans and tshirts 24/7 but ahhh during the day I have to do the skirt and top thing. They're actually half off before I ever make it to my room after work LOL.

Hello I'm Lala! said...

Congrats!! How exciting!! The photo looks great.

Liz Mays said...

Don't even try it. You are every bit of fabulous!

citymouse said...

This is pretty much awesome! You look great! I hope you frame the cover own it like the rockstar you are. (Or at least the one I think you are!)

I can't think of a better face for mommy bloggers than you!

KristinFilut said...

Puh-lease! I think you look great! And I am so excited for you!

amanda said...

honey look at you!!! LOVE IT!!! seriously you are adorable!!

but for the record - i know what you mean. a couple of days ago i put actual "effort" into getting dressed. and i was all proud of myself. then i was out and caught a glimpse of myself in a store window and i was like ugh i still look like a total mom!!!

Capital Mom said...

It's a great picture!

Unknown said...

You? Look beautiful. Seriously--I wish I looked that good day to day!

And CONGRATS!! That is so awesome!!

Shan said...

Very cool! I am, however, concerned... maybe even frightened that your "mom hair" might actually be blessedly tamed Kate Gosselin hair. Please say it ain't so! (Honestly, you look fabulous!)

I'm also wondering if you've had a hard time getting the boys to stop jumping on the couch since then.

Shan said...

Loved the article so much I'm coming back to give you a second comment!

:+)

dahozho said...

Fabulous job of representin'!!

I only wish that both boys were facing the camera!

I know though, I HATE my pictures. And I'm going to grit my teeth (not during the session) this month and finally have both myself & small fry photo'd. I really really need some new pics of both of us.

Kudos!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I think you look great! What a fun opportunity.

LutherLiz said...

You look great! Glad to be in the article with you!

L. Shanna said...

Found your blog from that very article! Loved it!

Murdock's mama said...

You're such a big deal! :)

Honestly though...you wear dresses and lipstick on a regular basis?! I go to the office 4 days a week and am lucky to have either lipstick OR a dress on 1/2 the time! Go you!!

darcie said...

I think you did a GREAT job representin'! I am honored to be included in the article with such BIG NAME BLOGGERS!
::gasp::
xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...