Monday, August 15, 2011

one

us on her (almost) birthday

I've been trying to come up with a list of pros and cons of you turning one year old. Sure, it's great that you can feed yourself, drink from a cup... blah, blah, blah.

The biggest con on my list, you are one.

One.


Once you start walking, game over, you will have lost everything that is baby to me.

(Except maybe those cheeks, and if you are anything like Wyatt, you will have those for some time to come.)

My little girl.

People warned me that I would be in trouble if 'baby' was going to be a girl, and they are right. I'm way above the limit of hopelessness, but I feel like it has so much more with her being my last, my baby, than her being a girl.

Or I can just blame it on her being a girl.

And not from being not my baby anymore.

13 comments:

Mrs. M said...

It's so hard! And she is totally trying to steal that camera from you!! :)

Emmy said...

I think a lot of it has to do with her being your last- as I am right there with you and understand. Though there is definitely something special about girls

L. Shanna said...

Girls are the best-- and I say that without any bias ;)

Shan said...

Sweet Baby Edy, I hope all the joy and love of your first year multiplies through a long life full of happy birthdays.

KristinFilut said...

I saw the title of this post and immediately thought, "Not yet!"

It's so heartbreaking to see the last one grow. My baby is my girl, too and she will be 11 on Friday.

*sigh*

Marie said...

It's so bittersweet - we want our babes to grow and be wonderful humans, but it's difficult to watch them grow (as you are well aware).

Many happy returns to your girl, and don't forget to celebrate your "birth day" too!

-MM

amanda said...

happy happy birthday sweet girl!!

and happy extra special day to you too mama :)

xo

Mandy said...

She's so cute!! Can't believe she's already one. Time seriously needs to quit flying.

Liz Mays said...

Your little chubby-cheeked wonder will always be your baby, whether she's one or thirty-one!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

she'll always be your baby...no matter how old or how cheeky.

happy birthday, e and happy birth day, b!

Jessie C said...

Gah. Agreed. :/ Mine isn't walking yet either. I'm excited but scared.

Working Mommy said...

SO CUTE (the baby isn't so bad either)...no, seriously...walking is awesome!! Sure they get into everything, but you don't have to carry them as much because they'd rather walk...then you get to use a kiddie leash!

WM

Unknown said...

One already...I seriously cannot believe it! She is so cute--and there is just something about when you say "she's one" instead of telling the months in age that screams growing up to me :(

She's so precious, honey! Savor each and every one of these moments (like you don't, haha :) )

xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...