Thursday, September 9, 2010

notes from preschool: that's my boy

Wyatt started preschool on Tuesday and (oh, alright, twist my arm, here's a picture of him on his first day to add to the bazillion other blogs that posted pictures about their child(ren)'s first day of school)


well, each day or so they send home a little spiral notebook in his Spider man backpack about what he's doing at school, little anecdotes about stuff his says and/or does in school.

It started off with this:

No surprise Wu had no problem transitioning. The mention of a babysitter and he and Henry are jumping around on the bed; time for Sunday school, he'll be the first one to the minivan. The kid clearly has no issues with attachment.

Even though the teacher signed it, I guess she found something worthy of mentioning later on in the day:


which continues on:



"Look, a catapult" and sent the figure flying...

That's my boy, the three-year-old that knows what a catapult is, better yet, uses a teeter-totter as a catapult.

Clearly, he takes after his brother.

16 comments:

Ms. Diva said...

Aesome!!! Love kids with imagination!! (And no attachment issues!) Mine couldn't even be bothered to turn around and wave at me! Just a backhanded wave and bye mom!!! That was 17 years ago and I can still see it clearly in my mind! haha

Amelia Sprout said...

Only thing better would be if he knew what a trebuchet was.

Liz Mays said...

Seriously adorable, both his cute little smiling face and the commentary from the teacher!

Jen said...

I love the notebook idea! I hope you get to keep it at the end of the year.

Evonne said...

That's awesome about the catapult!

My kids are trying to save popsicle sticks so we can make one of those.

Mandy said...

I think our children would get along famously. Hope you are settling in with your sweet new baby!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

He's so darn cute!

Stephanie said...

Haha! I have much in store for me with my son, huh?

Emmy said...

Hehe all boy :)

Shan said...

Good grief, but those are a couple of cute stories about your boys!

Loukia said...

That is so very cute! And so awesome to have his day recorded like that!

amanda said...

adorable :)

and how awesome that the teacher fills that out everyday...such a treat!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I love that the teacher took the time to write that down. That's one thing I miss about the pre-K class (from the preschool class). We always got a silly note, and now we just get an agenda full of homework.

LutherLiz said...

Love it! What a wonderful little Wu!

Rebecca said...

Awesome. Freaking awesome. Did you teach him about catapult?

Mrs. M said...

Now that is thinking outside the box - what a smartie! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...