Tuesday, February 17, 2009

fancy panties

Henry saw the ripped open underwear package in the trash of the bathroom. He immediately asked to see them like we were some sort of underwear kindred spirits since I purchased him some of those preschool-sized boxer briefs (his little butt looks so cute in them) at the same time. I walked into our bedroom, pulled opened the drawer and replied "okay".

Hold on. Did I say that I had an underwear package, meaning purchased in plastic and containing three to five pairs - gasp, together?

Yes, I did.

I do not buy my underwear hanging from a puffy, velvety hanger costing $9 a pair. My underwear was not displayed on a four-way or t-stand along with other seasonal coordinated underwear. My underwear, unfortunately, did not come infused with the overkill of perfume from the store and/or employees of said puffy, velvety hanger store.


I've been in those store. You would find me in the back, rummaging through the bargain/sale bin searching for the hard-to-find sale underwear that happens to be a cute print and not a thong. (Can you believe the ones in the picture are actually underwear - can you say wedgie?)

So, how did Henry respond to my cute pairs of underwear; he said "fancy Mom". Of course, I agreed with him.



(If you choose to use the word panties instead of underwear in the comments of this post, I may choose to delete your comment).

Just teasing, I relish in all things comment related.

15 comments:

amanda said...

and that would be me friend right next to you digging through the same sale bins.

long live the 3-5 pack of undies!!

Mother Venture said...

underpants are sold individually? whoa...someone needs to call Walmart!

AndreaLeigh said...

panties :)

haha, i so hear you. i hate that word! i also hate butt floss. what is the point?

hipster is as trendy as I get.

Anonymous said...

That was great! I love it! I can just picture him saying that, even though i have never heard him talk. I think I would have pissed myself a little.

Those are some smokin', sexy underwear. Yeah, those words just don't go together. You can use sexy and underwear in relation. Sexy and panties yes. Pretty and underwear...that's doable.

Aracely said...

Pfft! 5 pack panties? You obviously didn't buy at Le Costco.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I like to think I'm generally stylishly dressed on the outside but underneath my clothing I'm wearing Walmart granny panties...what can I say...they're comfortable!!

Miss Lisa said...

LOL
My girls say panties and my older son started calling underwear 'panties'. Needless to say daddy flipped out ;)
I hate floss panties too!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You are too funny!

I buy in bulk or sale....no question about it!

A Crafty Mom said...

LOL Did you go all crazy and get new undies for Valentine's Day :-)? I recently found a pack of five at a store near my house - they were organic from bamboo (not sexy at all!) and only $10!! Love them.

MaricrisG said...

My daughter went through an awkward moment with the word "Panties" when my mom came over for a visit. Underwear is the term used @ home and she's like "eww, why does grandma kept saying panties?!" LOL!

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

i'm again w/ you...

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Haha, too funny! Ya know, after the birth of my 3rd daughter, I just can't find myself putting on a thong anymore. My husband, just the other day asked..."Are you EVER going to wear a thong again hun?" My answer..."probably not, don't you love my mom butt just the way it is?" He answered right of course.

Jamie :-)

Anonymous said...

I just got a good deal on three pairs of undies from the Gap - they look as though they could have come together in a pack too, but they certainly make me happy. Congrats on the new additions to your underwear drawer.

Rebecca said...

Ah yeah. I wear UNDERWEAR, too - the kind bought in super-packs. They are cotton and do not contain itchy lace or wedgie-making-strings. My non-mom friends make fun of my UNDERWEAR. (That's you, Rachel.) I like my UNDERWEAR. They are comfortable and stay out of my butt crack.

Lorna said...

All I can say is if your undies stay where they should more power to you. I guess it's because I have no butt to speak of, but any underwear I put on goes up my butt crack. So if it's regular underwear it's 6 inches of fabric up there instead of that skinny flossy string. Yup, it's thongs all the way for me. Otherwise I spend all day picking the wedgie out of my butt, and that's just not attractive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...