Saturday, February 14, 2009

the blog-able moment

As mothers, there are moments when our instincts kick in.

Your child is in the abyss of the McDonald's play land tunnels when you hear a shriek of pain/scream of frustration/some mild wrestling as two bodies go down the slide and you know in a moment if that 'something in particular' came from your child. In a flash, you are on your hands and knees, climbing through the ketchup-smeared tunnels to get your dear, sweet child,

or in that moment you say "Nope, not mine" and merrily continuing enjoying your lunchtime fries.

As a blogger mother, I've found that I've developed this other sense. "What, what did you say"... "oh, that was funny, I'm writing that down"..."I'm so going to blog about that". My husband and siblings the only one who reads my blog, my sister (hi Aryn) will ask if I'm going to blog about this or that, the answer is usually 'probably not' since I've got my own kind of 'funny' , but they know I'm constantly on the quest for the blog-able moment.

And so has developed my new sense for the blog-able moment. I have several things that Wyatt says/sings that I have attempted to catch on video, like last night when he was wearing this cute little green shirt with a puffy basketball on it for the first time and kept saying "ball shirt, ball shirt" which coming out of an almost 2 year old's mouth sounds something more like "bull$hit, bull$hit" (yes, again, I know, my own kind of 'funny').


My attempts to get this on camera have created this let 'me see' monster. I've only managed to capture him saying, over and over "mesee, mesee, mesee" into the camera until he smacks it away from my hand.

His other reaction is to run, screaming from me, trying to seek shelter from me and my camera.

I just missed him running and screaming "no, no" before throwing himself on the floor, crying and then finally hiding under the sideboard.


Never mind the Diaper Genie in the background sitting outside on the screened in porch (yeah, we're ghetto like that), as my husband likes to say "we freeze dry our diapers here".

Wait now, is that a blog-able moment?

17 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

It is so funny that we look at life's moments now as 'Oh I can blog about that :) '

I thought both videos were adorable!

Mikki Black said...

Freeze dried diapers, huh? Sounds yummy. (I've been watching too much SNL, I think.)

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

I love those videos... and the comment about the Diaper Genie had me laughing out loud.

I've been away from the bloggy world for a bit. So fun to come back and read all of my faves... yours being one of them!

Aracely said...

Ketchup smeared tunnel!!! Are you trying to kill me!?!

A Crafty Mom said...

I laughed at ketchup smeared tunnel too - SO true!!

LOVE the videos. And I think of half of my entire life as "hey, I could blog about that". Pathetic, but fun :-)

Wisconsin Parent said...

I, personally, like how Henry is trying to hold him hostage. And, Calvin has his pants on backwards today. I'd blog about it, but it's already been done!

Anonymous said...

The things we try and get our kids to do for blog entertainment. They make for the best storylines though.

I leave the diaper pail out on the porch every couple of months. You know to air it out. I always wonder what people are thinking when they see it.

Rebecca said...

Now you know why I haven't put up any videos lately. Mine all look like that, too, when all I want is a video of ballet or funny Frank words!

Laural Out Loud said...

Are the tunnels really smeared with ketchup? If so, I think I might gag. YUCK! No more Mc'D trips for us!

We kept our diaper pail on the back patio in all sorts of weather. Our poor neighbors, but at least our house didn't smell.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahhaaaaa so this is what I have to look forward to? I can't wait!

penguinsandladybugs said...

I notice the blog-able moments but "lose" them by the time I sit down to blog! AND....my kids are 12 and 13 now (so diaper days are over, just so you know) but WHY didn't I think of putting that durn pail outside?

Unknown said...

I am laughing so hard!

You always make me laugh--and you always have the greatest posts!

AndreaLeigh said...

It is so funny that we look at life's moments now as 'Oh I can blog about that :)

I totally agree with what lisa said above.

just stopping by from sits. happy monday!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Great post and SO true...just ran across your blog today. I'll be back!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I am so with you! And I have videos too with Izzy telling me she needs to see the Izzy movie! It's too funny!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome - like missing three weeks of Grey's Anatomy and then catching up on them ALL AT ONCE! I love that your child is hiding from you trying to exploit his cuteness. Did I say exploit? I meant capture.
I can't believe I didn't read your blog while on vacation! Missed you!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're creating problems yourself by trying to solve this issue instead of looking at why their is a problem in the first place.

rH3uYcBX

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...