Monday, April 21, 2008

big ideas

I've thought about my previous post, how Henry plays with 'boy' toys. I feel like I should expand on that, he doesn't actually play with any toy in the fashion that it was intended. At Thanksgiving, when his preschool teacher asked him what he was thankful for, he simply stated "I'm thankful for my big ideas". This is what she shared with us during his first conference, this is what she said 'summed him up' and I couldn't agree more.

Henry is my little engineer; his favorite toy store is Home Depot. His room is full of empty toilet paper rolls, air ducting pipes, wood trim pieces, plastic plumber tubing. His biggest dream would be to make the world longest conveyor belt, which must actually work. Believe me, it must be working as we (umm, mostly DH) have tried several times to no avail to make this 'dream' come true. Even today, he told me that he was going to ask for a conveyer belt from Santa.
Soon, after a long winter's hiatus, our backyard will yet again have a pulley that extends from our play-set to the top of our screened in porch, a mere 20 feet long. Under our porch, we have rocks that are transported from there to the top of the slide and down (to DH's dismay).

Part of the anti-supermom in me wants to scream 'look at this trash; your room is a mess', 'the living room is full of junk', and 'what will the neighbors think of our backyard' but a bigger part of me is so proud of this creative little boy. I have to remind myself this is what childhood is for.

The newest game, Henry bowling

3 comments:

kristine said...

That is awesome! You definitely should be thankful for such a smart, creative little guy! I am interested to see what crazy thing he comes up with and becomes famous for!! :)

Anti-Supermom said...

Oh yes, for those of you that are interested, Henry is sporting a camelback with the tube connected to his bike helmet. He is wearing Dan's googles and holding some sort of plumbing tubing, I'm not sure, I've lost track! This was ALL his doing.

Marketing Mama said...

Sweet! I love that he crashes into boxes! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...