Friday, August 24, 2012

$43.72

I can't tell you how many times I've stomped the pavement with the song 'And I would walk 500 miles...", which I hate that damn song, stuck in my head. I blame the rhythm of my feet and me congratulating myself for, once again, rolling out of bed and attempting to calculate how many miles this will make it.

 'And I would walk 500 miles to be the man who'd walk 1000 miles...'

Do you have that song in your head now? You're welcome.

So, I've run more than 500 miles in the last 5 months. And this is just another excuse for my absence in blogging.

Backup, I've been napping when I use to be blogging, because I've been getting up to run when I use to be sleeping.

It's a vicious circle.

I read all the time about how running is suppose to be one of the 'cheapest sports out there'.  That statement feels laughable.

Obviously, if you run a lot, you have to buy new shoes a lot.  Even when they still look stinkin' brand new, the insides are all smushed up and worthless and your feet start to hate you, then your knees start to rally with their friends your feet and you have a little riot on your hands.

And then you go buy new shoes. 

And they can't be cheap ass shoes... no, they have to be an almost $100 pair of shoes.

I've experimented with shoes over the years too (before seriously running).  I'm not proud to say that I once bought RunTone shoes, because honestly, what woman doesn't want a nicer ass and if shoes are going to help by 25%, I'm saying 'yes and please'!

Well, unfortunately for them, us ladies get mad when we don't get nicer butts and we sue.

I honestly don't remember how this happen, but I was googling something, came up with a class action suit against Reebok RunTones and I filled out a quick online form.

And then I got my check:

Apparently, my ass is worth $43.72 for *not* getting any smaller.

Which will go directly toward new shoes, which, as it turns out, is the only thing that does make my ass smaller.

It's (another) vicious cycle

(I'll be running this half marathon on Sunday morning, if you like crowds of sweaty women with your coffee, come cheer us on!)

4 comments:

Shan said...

Hooray, you are still alive!

I've been hosting a weekly run/walk/jog/hobble. Part of my local Moms RUN This Town group. I only go if someone else joins me, but I've only gotten to sleep in once so far, so that's good. Right?

Congratulations on your accomplishments. And good luck on your half marathon. I won't be there, but I'll probably wish I were.

Marie said...

Ha! Well, now I don't have to feel guilty about not running, unless it's from the couch to the fridge for a snack during commercial breaks. :)

Emmy said...

VEry ironic indeed :)

I was doing so good working out, running.. then summer hit and I didn't do a thing. So now I am trying to get back into it again it sucks.

amanda said...

i want to run. wait actually i want to "want" to run.

can i run without sweating?

help me!!

ps. so proud of you. the running AND the writing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...