Monday, August 2, 2010

timing

I'm tired. I'm tired of timing my contractions, glancing at my watch or clicking that darn purple and pink screen on contraction master. I know it's not time, just yet, but there have been many, many moments I'm not positive either way.

*

I can't believe Henry has grown the patience for fishing. There was a time when he couldn't stand for a second without wiggling an elbow or a leg constantly and now, you can cast off for a fish and reel it in that 'big one'. (He's yet to put a worm on his hook or touch the fish to throw back in the water, but how can I blame him, he's like his mother that way).

*

And my Wyatt, how have you possibly gotten so brave; no need for a night light, you walked right up to the tilt-a-whirl like it's nothing and you swing at amusement park rides by yourself, no bigger person needed. I'm so proud, you are so proud. Time hasn't stood still for you, you seem to be speeding through life when all I want you to do is slow down, be little for a little bit longer.




Tick-tock, tick, tock.



MN peeps, last day to enter the fabulous photo session giveaway here!

14 comments:

amanda said...

amen. and hugs.

that is all.

Liz Mays said...

I hope your wait is short!!! The kids are so cute, growing up too!

Shelly - Tropical Mum said...

Both those photos are fab, but that last one of Wyatt is priceless! You have captured the moment perfectly.

My action shots are always a blur.

Shan said...

I see the race is on. I had three contractions last night. Hard ones that made me wonder if I was ready to do this again. Apparently my body decided I am not. I'm okay with that for now. So I'll be looking forward to "meeting" your little girl before I meet my own.

Beautiful photos. Now I don't know which parent gave those boys their eyes.

KristinFilut said...

They grow too fast...

I recognize that shirt Henry is wearing. hahaha

Mnmom said...

I remember by the end of each pregnancy I thought "I don't care if you pull them out of my nose just GET THEM OUT!"

I have a magnet on my frig that says "The days are long but the years are short". Completely sums up having kids. They completely grow up too fast.

Mandy said...

It's always the hardest at the very end. Thinking of you! Hang in there.

Emmy said...

I have three kids but only had to time the contractions once and yeah that one time was annoying. Soon though, it will be awesome.

My second child has no fear of rides like that either, first is another story

Stephanie said...

aw - hang in there! hope the little one is here soon!

Aryn said...

PLEASE send me this photo of Wyatt. I'm in love with it.

Tick tock, tick tock. Funny we're both hearing that, just from different sides of the street.

Maybe see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! I will be thinking of you and I hope the labor is quick and painless!

I agree about wishing time would slow down!

Shan said...

Just thinking about you and wondering how you're doing.

Murdock's mama said...

Okay...I can't comment on your newest post for some reason! But I think you have have the babes on the 15th...I heard awesome kids are born that day! :)

Hang in there...you're almost done! Good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

Hoping that your babe is here, sweetie!

False labor is a cruel joke isn't it?!

Hugs momma! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...