Monday, January 11, 2010

after thoughts

-I should have told my husband to look in my son's backpack after picking him up on Friday, because what I *might* find in his lunch bag just *might* want to make me vomit come Sunday night.

-I should have remembered to hand the hourly child care peeps the extra pants and underwear that I had in my over-sized handbag because them asking, me telling them 'yes, I had extra underwear and pants' and then proceeding to walk right the door without giving it to them means that Murphy's law will apply and he will have to *borrow* underwear with Club Kid written on the crotch (yes, they expect them back and no, I do not want to think about how many other children might have worn them previously to Wyatt. So FYI, as cheap as I am, you will not find me purchasing previously worn underwear at a garage sale).

-I should have reminded my husband (again) how many leftovers were in the fridge. (See above point, the part about me being cheap).

-I should have politely asked (maybe put in some advanced bedroom points or something before leaving) if my husband would mind doing the laundry, cleaning the toilet... nothing too crazy.

-I should remind myself how cool it is to get away for an entire weekend, but that at the end of it, it's pretty cool to be at home with the kiddos and husband too.

21 comments:

April @ Random said...

What did you find in the backpack??!1!/? EW!

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} said...

My Hubby NEVER checks the lunch box after he has collected Grotbag from school and as a result I am constantly dry wretching come Sunday night!! Bllllaaahhhheee!!

amanda said...

it does feel good to be home doesn't it friend :)

Brandi said...

Thanks, you made me smile on a night when I really don't feel like it!

Unknown said...

Totally curious over the backpack thing...

And I'm so glad Leo prewashes his dishes @ work before bringing them home. Although the smell still makes me gag!

And is it bad I laughed about them writing their name on the underwear?! Lol!

Evonne said...

I love vacations, but coming back home does feel so nice. I'm afraid of what was in the backpack. Ew!!

Anonymous said...

Husbands are funny like that.

Allison said...

I so agree...it's great to be away but even better to come home!

Used underwear are so gross! :)

Working Mommy said...

I'm scared to think about what was in that lunch box...I get the same fear when I look to see what my husband brings home from his work lunches - 5 days later!!!

~WM

Capital Mom said...

How wonderful that you were able to go! I bet it was worth what you came home to.

Caution/Lisa said...

Whenever I am in a thrift store and see the underwear hanging up, I always feel a little sick. Pay the $6 and get a brand new pack.

Cynthia said...

Yep, my husband is exactly the same way. It's good to be home...but it will be good to go to Blissdom as well;)

Emmy said...

So what did you do on your weekend away?

And thank you for not posting a picture of what you found in the backpack :)

Rebecca said...

Do we live parallel lives?

Wisconsin Parent said...

Oh god. Kids club underpants? I would rather have had a pullup! A fun weekend indeed.

Mrs. M said...

Well, next time you'll get it right! :) Hope you had fun!!

Stephanie said...

I know that feeling - it was SO good to get away but SO good to be back to cuddling with my hubby and getting sweet hugs from my Sweet Pea.

Hope you were able to save the lunchbox ;)

Heidi said...

Ew, 3 day old lunch. That's one way to say welcome home.
I hope that your Bloggy weekend was fun.
I agree that it really is nice to be home.

Carma Sez said...

"advance bedroom points" - well worth it on his part. Get that dude a toilet brush...

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I might have thrown the backpack/lunchbox combo out. Yikes!

Glad you guys had a good time.

prashant said...

I am constantly dry wretching come Sunday night!!

Work from home

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...