Wednesday, July 8, 2009

caged animal

Sometimes I not sure if I'm the mother of a toddler or a caged animal.



He is basically refusing to use the toilet for poopie. He will hold it for up to three days. He'll wait until he gets that diaper on for nap time and (I swear, giggles about it) proceeds to poopie in his diaper after a good little nap (isn't this the way life should be after all...).

I'm okay with this, he'll get over the feeling that the toilet is flushing away something so very important from his body, but last week he discovered that he could stick his fingers into his diaper.

I've found poopie drawings around his crib twice last week.

This weekend, at a restaurant, after telling the waitress that he wanted 'cha-cha milk and poopie' he grabbed the Equal packets to play with. Fine. He rips one after another open, again, I'm fine with this as long as he's quiet. He's playing with his little fake sugar pile, building roads and pushing it into piles, it actually was cute.

When he thought we weren't really looking, he bent his head down and licked the table.

Licked it.

If I can't opt for the cage, I going to start googling 'toddler muzzles' in the near future.

PS - don't mind the headband on Wu, he was feeling extra sassy that day, I guess.

19 comments:

DiPaola Momma said...

sorry to tell ya sugar, but you're just rasing a BOY!!! Lord I thought #3 would NEVER poo anywhere that didn't require rubber gloves, a clothes pin and good gag reflexes!

Mandy said...

Nice. :) I agree...you are raising a boy! Me too, sista. Me too.

Capital Mom said...

This was my reaction on reading your post: "Hahah, oh no, hahaha, yuck, hahaha, gross". All in all an excellent post. :-)
He sure does come up with some interesting things to do - drawing with poo, licking the table. I guess it is safe to say he is a very tactile kid.
Glad you are keeping your sens eof humour.

Capital Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda said...

LOVING the sassy headband :)

is it bad that the whole refusing to poopie in the potty is one of my biggest fears!! ugh - no fun.

but i guess a rite of mommyhood huh?

Rebecca said...

OMG. I have two reactions to this. First, I was glad to hear that you just let him dump the fake sugar all over and play with it in a restaurant. I know now that I am okay with what I let my kids do in public, too. We are not alone.

Second, HE DRAWS WITH HIS POOP?! Good god. Karma owes you.

Marketing Mama said...

I looooove the headband. Boy has style!

Aryn said...

Ahahahaha! I LOVE that kid! So much personality.

4luvandlife said...

very funny! i remember when you took that shot. it was almost like he was enjoying being caged.

Miss Lisa said...

At least you'll never say you are bored ;)
Love the 'sassy' pic :)

LutherLiz said...

Sometimes I read your posts and am busy laughing at the hilarity of your boys and then I stop and wonder if I am starting into my own future and then it doesn't seem *quite* so funny! :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Sometimes I wish I could get a cage.

This might sound mean, but the dr said it was okay, I used some Fleet toddler liquid suppositories when I knew she was holding it...it worked and it got her over the fear. I only let her wait 2 days because it was getting really bad.

Good luck.

Vashey Fam said...

OK, that is gross.....but he's sooo cute! It's kind of cool to read about another boy named Wyatt who is about the same age. Our second boy is on his way. I also read about your experiences with two and think, ok, here we go! Time for some adventure! :o)

Amelia Sprout said...

I'll stop complaining about any potty issues now, seeing as no one has tried artwork with poop yet. Don't take this the wrong way, but you totally made me feel better.

Amy said...

Oh how funny! I have to laugh, because I think all boys are programed the same way. What a great talent you have for expressing yourself and the antics that go on around you. Visiting from SITS!

Anonymous said...

Here's what makes me super, duper, pooper nervous. Our boys are extremely close in age. Well basically the same. And everytime you post something...it seems to not take too long before it happens to me. Now Nico has already been sticking the finger in the diaper to let me know he has pooped. I have yet to have any of it on any wall, cribs, bedding, etc. But now...well now you may have jinxed me.

Deb said...

We're just beginning to introduce the potty to our 2 y/o son. Thanks for the preview--kind of. :)

Visiting from SITS.

Anonymous said...

Be careful about that holding in poop for three days thing - our son, now 4, developed encopresis brought on by constipation. Believe me, you don't want to go down that route - make sure he poops semi-regularly...

MamaOtwins+1 said...

This is hilarious. I loved that he licked the table when he thought no one was watching. I am trying to hold in the tears as I sit at my desk at work reading your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...