Friday, September 14, 2012

keep your eye on the prize

You would think I would know better by now.

We've had several 'professional' pictures taken throughout the years that have turned out, should I just say, less than spectacular.


And because it was so good the first time, let's do another pose.

 
Perhaps you remember this awesome (cut off a freakin' head while your at it) one:
 
 
I thought I was prepared though.  I even reviewed proper smile techniques with the boys.  You can ask Henry, it went something like this "think of something that makes you happy... yes, say Lego's and then look at the camera and please smile, with teeth.  Show me your smile... NOW!"
 
But I must have had a momentary lapse in judgement (yet again) as I picked out this cute white collared, button-down shirt with tiny black vertical pinstripes for Wyatt's back-to-school picture day
 
and I packed in his school lunch, a Camelback bottle full of Crystal Light fruit punch.
 
You can see where I'm going with this... You would think I was some sort of back-to-school-picture-day-mom virgin.
 
Wyatt came running off the bus, moving in this choppy back and forth run that only a big ol' backpack can do.
 
I looked at him and then glanced down at his shirt.  There were splatters of red drink all across the front of his shirt and better yet, he had a big swipe of blue marker running across his right shoulder.
 
I asked him and he swore that pictures were taken before all of this happen to his shirt.
 
But it's hard to trust a Kindergartner sometimes, after all, that same day, he told me he got a prize and pulled out, from his backpack, an empty bag of potato chips that he found on the floor of the bus and started licking the insides of the bag.
 
So, you know, that recount of a day's events is hard to believe when things seem to get a little messed up in the mind of a Kindergartner.


8 comments:

L. Shanna said...

So funny. That first picture needs to be included in his high school yearbook when he graduates.

Marie said...

I cannot WAIT to hear about the results of this year's picture. So funny!

amanda said...

seriously i can not stop laughing!!

i adore you!!

Mrs. M said...

Can't wait to see it, he has his work cut out for him if he wants to measure up to the ones you already posted!!! :-)

Bridgette said...

I just hear his comment to me about his shirt when I read this, "I look gooooooood in this shirt." Awesome!

Shan said...

Even though I'd seen the photos before, I *still* did that weird I-should-not-be-laughing-at-a-kid-but-I-can't-stop thing.

Can't wait to see if you get a prize, too!

Emmy said...

Well here's to keeping our fingers crossed that the picture was before lunch.

And yes, that head cutting off one still just drives me crazy, what an awful photographer!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, seriously? You guys have the best luck with photos. Like super awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...