Thursday, September 25, 2008

treasure hunt

It was bath night, a quick bath night, one of those where you throw them in the tub to rinse off the dirt and shampoo the hair to give the illusion of them being clean. Wyatt was the first out of the tub as he has yet to develop any affection for a long, leisurely bath (you silly boy). I tossed his little froggy hooded towel over his head and sent him out the door. I was finishing up with Henry when my husband answered the phone. I could hear Wyatt running around laughing and playing with his toy car while my husband continued his phone conversation. Henry jumped out and I was towelling him off when Wyatt came in and gave me one of those looks.

Mothers around the world know that look. The 'let me show you what I did' look. I've seen it before when Wyatt brought me into the guest room to show me his little pee spot. 'Great, he's peed on the floor'.


He walks and points in the living room. It's not pee. IT'S NOT PEE. He pooped on our floor (yes, thank God our floors are hardwood) not once or twice, but four times and each in different spots.

It was just like a 'little turd treasure hunt'. Henry thought it was great!

(Who was on the phone for this entire ordeal, my brother. My brother, who has yet to have any children and will likely delay his fatherhood because of this).

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief! This sounds vaguely familiar to my life...

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

Oh dear - the worst poop we had to deal with was the first time MH went on the potty. I think in our over-excitement and cheering, we startled her into stopping. Later that day she had on underwear and finished the job - DH went to change her out of what he thought were just wet underwear and out plopped a huge surprise! I think it was one of his least favorite initiations into fatherhood to date!

Aracely said...

How has this NEVER happened to me? (knock on wood)... it's only a matter of time, I guess.

amanda said...

oh no. you mean this random pooping thing doesn't stop when baby hood stops? beans used to love to poop in the bath tub - i was hoping that might have been the end of it.

not so huh friend?

Miss Lisa said...

Oh yuck--I can see my younger son doing this :0

Annie said...

Thank god for hardwoods! Cute blog here!

Unknown said...

Hehe! I love how you describe this as a treasure hunt :)

I hope you made your honey clean this one up...

A Crafty Mom said...

While obviously this is not cool at all, I am secretly THRILLED that this has happened to somebody else!!! I blogged about this last winter . . . with a different ending to the story. 2 y/o pooped on floor, then dog ate it.

I know, makes you want to puke, huh?

p.s. Our stories were so similar, except ours was a cow bath towel :-)

Marketing Mama said...

oh lovely - he left you a little present!

I've had the same experience with peeing - but not poop. ugh.

Carol said...

Unlucky you!!

I think my friend who was no kids was so appalled by my poop art post a while back that he seriously considered a vasectomy.

Laural Out Loud said...

Oh no! Lol. All of my daughter's accidents happened on the carpet, wich is over 50% of the house. Mathematically, it should've been half and half, so I think she was up to something. Luckily your clean up was easy!

Rachel said...

If I had to choose between cleaning up pee and cleaning up poo, I'd have to go with poo. It's easier to scoop up, easier to sniff out, and easier to clean up afterward. Granted, I've only cleaned up after a dog as of yet, and my four-legged darling doesn't hide his messes.

Rebecca said...

You aren't a parent until you've cleaned up your kid's poop. That includes poop on the floor, poop in the tub ("poop soup"), or poop in the hand. We've had all at least once.

Ryan and Jesse said...

I love reading your blog! I have shared it with my friends and family in California and Kentucky!
Thank you guys again for having us over last week- we had a great time!

Liz said...

ROFL!!!!!!!! I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...